Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Surprise at Daybreak

I love surprises.

In fact, there are few things I can say I love more then surprises.

Want to make my day?

Leave a note on my desk.

Want to make my week?

Add a Diet Coke to that note.

Want to make my year?

Add a twelve pack of Diet Coke to that note.

I don't know why I love surprises so much.

Maybe it's because a surprise means that someone was thinking about you, when they didn't have to.

Maybe it's because a surprise can make what seems like an average day when you first open your eyes in the morning, far exceed your expectations when you lay down your head to close your eyes again that night.

Maybe it's simply because everyone likes to have some sort of physical representation that they are loved.

Recently, I've been praying for God to surprise me.

I desire know that God is thinking about me, thinking about my smallest steps, when I know He doesn't have to.

I desire for everyday to far exceed my expectations, to never know what God has planned, to be excited when I open my eyes in the morning, and beyond grateful for when I close my eyes at night.

And, as trivial as it might sound, somedays, I just really need some kind of physical representation that the Lord that can surprise us with the sunlight every morning,

" Surprise us with love at daybreak; then we'll skip and dance all the day long." ( Psalms 90:14)

Can, 

And adores,


showing us that He loves us.


In the small,


and the large.


I'm praying for small surprises daily.


And the large surprises, that I still continue to prayerfully expect.



No comments:

Post a Comment