Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Joyful in the Rest

Ive never been very good at rest.

I imagine it's the whole idea of sitting still-why would I be resting when there is so much to do?

So much to see?

So much to taste?

So much to experience?

Why would I rest when I can act?

Why would I rest when my future could practically be outside my door?

I know God knows this about me.

God created me to be this way.

But, he also knows that sometimes my ability to always be moving puts me at a handicap.

When you're moving 100 miles an hour, how can you notice the small details?

When you're moving 100 miles an hour, how can you stop and notice that those blurs on the side of the road are actually flowers?

When you're moving 100 miles an hour, how can you stop and notice that the sweetness of this season of your life may actually be in the resting and the waiting?

That sometimes God doesn't move in huge earth shattering ways.

That sometimes, God moves in the quiet,

And the stillness,

And He may be moving the most in the times you think He may not be moving at all.

Right now, I feel like God is trying to work in the stillness,

And the rest,

And the waiting.

And although I may hate the waiting,

It's my job to pump the breaks,

Take a moment,

Rest my heart,

And joyfully wait and see how The Lord is trying to move.

It's my job to see that those blurs are actually flowers,

And to rejoice in the fact that if my life had been moving at the speed that I wished it was,

I would never have gotten to see those blessings myself.

I would never have developed sweet friendships, that turn a new town into a home,

Or Saturday mornings, filled with Pom poms, crooked smiles, and hugs that will melt your heart,

Or precious moments over a new found love for vanilla lattes that allow me to reflect over all of these blessings.

So today, I choose to rest.

And I choose to rest with a rejoicing heart.

I choose to see the blessings in the small moments.

I choose to be still.
 
And listen.

And be prayerfully,

And joyfully,

Expectant.

"Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body will also rest in hope". Acts 2:26

1 comment:

  1. I love you SO MUCH! I love your writing and I love how it tells so much of your heart!

    ReplyDelete