Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Wedding Season is the Fifth Season

I love weddings.

They're probably my favorite social event of the season,

Which is great, because right now they seem to be the only social events that are going on.

I love the flowers,

And the music,

And the dancing, ( oh, how I love that dancing!)

And the cake,

But, if you catch me on a real sappy day, I'll tell you that cliche, girly statement-

My favorite moment of a wedding is watching the groom, as the bride comes down the aisle.

I know, you've heard it before.

Anyone that's seen " The Wedding Planner" starring JLo knew that was coming.

But, it wasn't until tonight that I understood why I felt that way.

When you watch a groom as their bride comes down the aisle, his face takes on a dozen emotions at once.

Happiness.

Delight.

Overwhelmed.

Overjoyed.

Excited.

And stunned by the sheer beauty that is walking directly towards him.

Every woman desires for someone to look at them that way.

As if they, in that moment, are the most radiant thing that anyone had ever laid eyes on.

This is why that moment is so universally loved by all people of the female gender.

This moment, is what our hearts ache for.

But tonight, I realized that this moment is not something I have to look forward to.

It's something I already have.

In Isaiah 62:5 we are told,

"As a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you."

Wow.

At this very moment, in my oversized flannel and pajama shorts, my God is rejoicing over my radiance.

On the days when I eat too much and have to wear my fat jeans, my God is rejoicing over my loveliness.

When my hair is dirty, I haven't showered, and my eyebrows are beginning to resemble caterpillars, my God is rejoicing. And all He is feeling is

Happiness.

Delight.

Overwhelmed.

Overjoyed.

Excited.

And stunned by my sheer beauty.

I am rejoiced over by my God.

And that is something worth dancing about.

And, if you need a visual reminder of how much your God loves you, look at these pictures and remember,

The way God rejoices over you,

Everyday,

Even when you're at your worst,

Blows these pictures out of the water.














1 comment:

  1. this was such a beautiful post! Thank you! All of us girls need that reminder!

    ReplyDelete